ROCKY MOUNTAIN TESTING SERVICES
Providing Timely Processing, Quality Service, Reliability and Customer Value.
We provide testing services for Gloves, Sleeves, Line Hose, Rubber Blankets, Hoods and Covers, Grounds and Jumpers, High Voltage Meters, Phasers, Dielectric Boots and other unique insulating products.
The following is an outline of the testing steps performed for Gloves and Sleeves. All other rubber products will go through similar steps:
- Log-in of all items against the customers bill of lading or purchase order. The test record segregates items by their class voltage, description, size and unique designations.
- New items are given a unique serial number that helps track their issue and test history from “cradle-to-grave”.
- In-service items are given a thorough washing and drying.
- Gloves and sleeves are inflated and visually inspected for damage
- Electrical testing in state-of-the-art certified test machines in accordance with ASTM Standards with leakage values documented on all glove tests (not just a pass/fail criteria).
- After the gloves and sleeves are dried and date stamped, talc is dusted inside each article for moisture inhibition and surface conditioning.
- Each pair is sealed in a plastic storage bag with general instruction/reminder sheet for the issued user.
- Rubber goods are packaged for pickup by the customer or shipment via common carrier as directed by the user.
- Two copies of the test record are provided. One set with the tested rubber goods and one set is included with the invoice.
What Can We Do For You?
We are always happy to provide consultation on ASTM/ANSI standards, NFPA/OSHA standards for record keeping and Arc Rated Clothing requirements. Jerry Raney, R&M Sales President, has been a voting member of the ASTM F18 committee which is charged with maintenance of these standards since the early 1990’s.